The Boeing Company is seeking a Software Engineer to join their Herndon, VA location. As a member of a 30-40 person project team, this individual will be assisting with the development and maintenance of custom, complex multi-tiered application software systems used to generate, analyze and manage highly specialized data.
- Design, implement, test, and document new features and improvements for web applications and distributed computing solutions.
- Work under general supervision to complete assigned software development tasks.
- Participate in team activities, including stand-ups, code reviews, design sessions, and demos. In addition, they will automate testing and deployment of new features and products.
- Develops and maintains Java for new cloud initiatives
- Develops and maintains Java and integrates software components into a fully functional software system.
- Develops design documentation prior to coding, and user training documentation for delivery with the finished product
- Develops and executes unit and integrated test procedures
- Adheres to team development standards for Agile software processes, tools and metrics
- Participates in multiple application development specialties, including graphical user interface development, mathematical and logical algorithm development, and database structure design
This position requires an active (or active within the last 24 months) Top Secret/SCI clearance with an SSBI within the last five (5) years. Position may require the employee sit for a CI polygraph with a favorable result. Position is contingent on clearance verification and customer concurrence.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Java proficient
- Knowledge of object-oriented analysis and design methods
- Must be able to integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Must be able to write unit test procedures and document test results to ensure software system requirements are met
- Must have experience developing and maintaining documentation of architecture designs, requirements, algorithms and user interfaces for software systems.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Linux or any Unix-based operating system
- Knowledge and experience with J2EE-based architectures and restful web services
- Experience with relational database systems, SQL and relational table design
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience in developing web-applications and components utilizing Angular framework
- Experience with the Eclipse IDE
- Experience with Git or Subversion configuration management systems
- Experience with Atlassian development tools.
- Current polygraph.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelors and 2 or more years experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation is available for eligible candidates (as authorized).
At Boeing we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.