Boeings Electronic and Information Solutions (E&IS) subsidiary Digital Receiver Technology (DRT) is seeking a Software engineer to join their team in Germantown, MD. In this role, you will demonstrate the ability to assist with design and implementation of real-time software for DRT hardware.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to provide end user solutions
- Design, Development, test, document, and maintain the current and next generation Software Defined Radios and Electronic Systems
- Assist in the architecture, development and integration of software components into fully functional software systems
- Write test procedures and document test results to ensure all system and derived requirements are met
- Knowledge of Linux development procedures, processes, and tools
- Support Business Development, Project Management and DRT Customer Base
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Bachelor degree and 2 or more years experience or a Masters degree with experience.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Should be able to work independently without direct supervision.
- Proficient with C/C++ and Java
- Experience with developing application software using Windows or Linux OS
- Experience and/or background in SW test
- Familiar with Object Oriented Design Methodologies
- Experience with configuration management tools such as SVN and Git.
- Understanding of multi-threaded applications and systems
- Course work completed: Operating System, Data structure, Algorithms
- WiFi, Cellular communications/protocols, and/or networking
- Experience with developing applications with socket communications
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL Databases.
- Agile methodology is desirable
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not being offered and it is not a negotiable benefit.
At Boeing we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.