The Boeing Company has an exciting opportunity for a Mid-level Software Engineer to join one of our dynamic teams at Colorado Springs, CO, Schriever AFB, CO; or Huntsville, AL.
The C2BMC National Team provides technical solutions to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) Program. C2BMC is the integrating element for the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) and links various sensors and weapon systems. The system provides capabilities to integrate and synchronize missile defense systems and operations, providing a layered defense against multiple ranges of threats and in all phases of flight.
This position requires candidate acceptance by industry partner resource control board.
The Software Engineer will be key contributor to the design and develop a Java-based C2BMC applications. This role will help generate software design artifacts, implement software changes, support design and code reviews, support software testing and resolution of issues arising from software testing. This role will develop software in a structured, process-based integrated team environment. This role may also work to develop and test innovative solutions in support of advanced projects and experiments.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelors and 5 or more years experience, Masters degree with 3 or more years experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- This position requires an active Current Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in software development
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA)
- Experience in full life cycle software development of Java-based applications and systems.
- Hands-on development experience for Java-based applications in a UNIX/Linux platform environment.
- Able to develop JAVA software, and translate requirements into software design. Previous experience with the Eclipse IDE.
- Able to understand and decompose requirements to support verification and validation testing of software components.
- Able to generate detailed, repeatable test procedures.
- Able to perform Agile Development.
- Working knowledge of Ballistic Missile Defense concepts, Battle Management and Command and Control (BM/C2) systems, defense communications systems, and the BMDS in general is a plus
- Implementation of interfaces using XML, Link 16, DIS/HLA or similar message sets
- Integration of COTS products to produce end-user applications
- Implementation of graphical user interfaces (GUIs)
- Command and control system application development
- Experience with MatLab as an analysis tool and scripting languages such as Perl and Python
- Element specific Modeling and Simulation experience
- Use of common software development and management tools such as Clearcase and Eclipse.
- Understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts such as Use Cases and SysML diagrams.
Relocation assistance is not available and is not a negotiable benefit.
At Boeing we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.