The C2BMC National Team provides technical solutions to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) Program. C2BMC is the integrating element for the Ballistic Missile Defense System and links various sensors and weapon systems. The system provides capabilities to integrate and synchronize missile defense systems and operations, providing a layered defense against multiple ranges of threats and in all phases of flight.
This position is located in Colorado Springs, CO and does not offer relocation assistance. Applicants must reside in area or be willing to relocate at their own expense.
This position requires candidate acceptance by industry partner resource control board.
The Software Engineer will be key contributor to the design and develop a Java-based C2BMC applications.
- This role will help generate software design artifacts, implement software changes, support design and code reviews, support software testing and resolution of issues arising from software testing.
- This role will develop software in a structured, process-based integrated team environment.
- Works from specifications to develop or modify operating systems applications.
- Assists with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of programs.
- Interfaces with other system support groups to resolve problems, setting standards and improving overall efficiency of the operating system.
- Designs, codes, tests and implements tools for operations automation.
- Works on most phases of software systems programming applications, and may require instruction and guidance in other phases.
- Implement and maintain an integrated software development environment across the two C2BMC software development sites (Huntsville AL and Colorado Springs CO).
- This role may also work to develop and test innovative solutions in support of advanced projects and experiments.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Technical Skills Required:
- Software engineering and software development with strong Java/C++ experience. The candidate will have experience and knowledge of basic software practices such as coding standards and configuration management. The candidate must have knowledge of the full life-cycle software engineering practices and procedures applicable to large software systems to include hands on application development experience or coursework.
- Background Experience Required:
- Experience in some or all of the following areas desired: - Command and control system application development - Experience with Software Integration testing - Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to review performance, identify root cause and recommend a solution. The successful candidate will have good verbal and written communication skills, have the ability to work independently and will possess the poise and flexibility required to work in a highly dynamic environment. Applicant should have good working knowledge of MS Office products.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA)
- Experience in Agile development methodologies is highly desirable.
- Experience developing enterprise applications.
- Familiarity with Java foundation classes and toolkits.
- Knowledge of server side/database development, computer system administration; Net-centric, horizontal integration program expertise is a plus.
- Use of common software development and management tools such as Clearcase and Eclipse
- Understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts such as Use Cases and SysML diagrams
- Experience implementing mathematical algorithms in source code
- Understanding of the difference between white box and black box testing.
- Understanding of software unit testing strategies, automated software builds, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD) required.
- Hands on experience with software development and CM tools such as Eclipse, ClearCase, CruiseControl, Hudson, Ant, Maven, Gradle, Nexus, JUnit, Confluence, Spring, Collaborator, SonarQube, JIRA, Jenkins, XText, Git, GitHub, Cucumber, and Fortify.
- Familiarity with Information Assurance (IA) implications and processes, which is critical to the selection of applicable products that meet the overall system sustainability is desirable.
Bachelors and 2 or more years experience or a Masters degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.