Software Engineer I
DRS Technologies •
LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
LEONARDO DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
The embedded Software Engineer will be an integral part of our Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) Software Development Team. The Engineer will design, develop and test embedded software for infrared sensors and subsystems. The Engineer will interface with other DRS Team Members representing a wide range of disciplines, including Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering, and Manufacturing Operations.
p>Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Bachelor's Degree with 0-1 year(s) embedded software development experience; prior related intern or coop experience will be considered. A Computer Science or Electrical Engineering Degree is preferred.
- Experience developing software in C/C++
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Motivated, self-starter individual
- U.S. Citizenship
- Solid knowledge in Operating System concepts
- Solid knowledge in Data Structures and Algorithms
- Experience in mutli-tasking programming, and debugging
- Familiarity with oscilloscopes and logic analyzers
- Experience with Microsoft Office
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports and participates in technical activity
- Designs, develops, analyzes, and tests products, systems or subsystems
- May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments
- Ability to work independently under supervision of others
- Provides regular reporting of progress and status
- Responsible for completion of assigned task on time and meeting technical requirements
- Reviews customer specifications and requirements, and under direction develops designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Develops prototypes to retire key development risks as directed
- Communicates clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
- Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. up to 20% of the time
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
LEONARDO DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)