The Boeing Space & Launch Divisions Satellite Operations & Ground Systems (SOGS) organization is seeking junior software engineers to provide leadership in the development of our nation’s next generation of satellite ground systems. These positions are for software engineers and programmers who enjoy being leaders; offering the opportunity to provide overall direction for major sections of our software development staff and programs. The successful candidate will be working on cutting edge technology in an agile environment with multiple long term projects needing support. We seek candidates who have advanced skills in software development and want to bring their skills to the next level through mentoring and hands-on development which include requirements development, understanding design implementation and writing the code.
The successful candidate will be developing containerized microservices in a fast paced agile environment. We seek candidates who have skills in software engineering and development including the following areas:
- Agile and full-stack development
- Continuous integration, testing, and delivery
- Container design and implementation
As a member of the SOGS Team, youll be involved in the entire software development lifecycle, from idea creation and development, all the way through to maintenance and support of the customer’s delivered system. The team will develop, document and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for multiple SOGS projects and systems from single components to larger functional systems. The SOGS Team offers a collaborative causal, but professional mentoring environment with long-term potential for career growth into technical and management positions.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. (Required)
- This position requires the ability to obtain successful complete of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government.
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment (Asset only)
- DevOps experience, or a strong desire to work within a DevOps culture is desired.
- Experience using with Atalssian tool chain, Jira and Confluence is desired
- In particular, the candidate should be familiar with tools such as Jenkins, Git, Gradle, Maven, Artifactory, Sonar, Prometheus, JBoss, Openshift, Docker and more.
Relocation assistance is not being offered and it is not a negotiable benefit.
At Boeing we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.