At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, youll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking a talented, motivated, and software manager to lead one of our talented development teams. In this position you will design and build Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) products for the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community and allied customers. Our products intercept Radio Frequency (RF) signals, apply signal processing algorithms, distribute the processed results and display it to operators. These systems are deployed to manned aircraft, unmanned aircraft, ships, submarines, and ground mobile platforms.
As a first line Software Engineering Manager, you will lead a talented team of between twelve and twenty software engineers with diverse backgrounds and skill levels developing key technologies for our customers. You will help guide and mentor engineers in achieving their career goals. You will help recruit and develop top talent. You will help teams create plans for execution, assist in solving complex problems and help ensure our products are meeting our customers’ expectations. This Level K position will be located in Fairfax, VA.
Our engineering teams participate in full life cycle agile software development utilizing primarily C++ and Java programming languages. Applications range from embedded, high-performance to enterprise service and user interface development with candidates having the ability to specialize in a single domain or cross-train. Engineers participate in requirements development, analysis, software design, coding, unit testing, integration, installation and maintenance. Candidates be able to develop new ideas based on technical and domain experience, and work in multi-disciplinary to solve complex problems.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Provide ongoing guidance and mentorship for engineers
- Assist engineers in achieving performance and career objectives
- Recruit and hire top software talent
- Develop and execute project plans to meet customers’ needs
- Develop team skills and technology expertise within the organization
- Develop technology roadmaps that align with business objectives
- Provides oversight and review of technical approaches
- Provides an environment for employee execution success
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports
- This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications(Required Skills / Experience):
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret / SCI U.S. Security Clearance (post-start)
- Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Experience designing and developing software for complex systems and a solid foundation in computer science and software development
- Experience leading or managing projects and / or teams
- Demonstrated / proven ability to work well with customer(s) and focus on customer satisfaction
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience with various roles in agile software development
Preferred Qualifications(Desired Skills / Experience):
- At least 3 years previous leadership experience in relevant complex systems integration and test domains
- Experience developing software for embedded systems and / or distributed systems
- Experience in developing / maintaining team schedules, resource management, earned value management, process and performance metrics, risk management, identifying root causes, implementing corrective actions and other project management skills is highly desired
- Experience in Software integration and test is preferred
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Active Top Secret / SCI U.S. Security Clearance is a PLUS
This position will be located in Fairfax, VA and offers relocation assistance based on candidate eligibility. Applicants must reside in the immediate area or be willing to relocate for the opportunity.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.