LEONARDO DRS: A HIRE PURPOSE
We’re growing fast, adding substantially to our team in Huntsville – we expect that growth to continue. Our leadership has a transformational agenda for our business, our employees and community impact.
We’re seeking Software Engineers to join our team to help drive this transformation!
What it’s like to work at DRS:
Join an amazing, diverse team with decades of experience in the DoD industry. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career by sharing of ideas; we encourage an inclusive culture and welcome those who will bring their varied experiences and creative thinking. Diverse perspectives, backgrounds and ideas drive innovation and help us grow successfully. Let’s be clear – we all work hard – the challenges of significant growth in our company and the competitive job market are real! But we recognize the value of work-life balance and we recognize and reward our employees while encouraging that balance. We are also working hard to increase the positive impact on our community…because we want to!
But you won’t be a little fish in a big sea, and you won’t go unnoticed. Our business unit, DRS Land Electronics, has locations in Huntsville, AL and Melbourne, FL. We collaborate across multiple DRS sites to get the full benefit of the diverse experience of our employees and their talent, allowing our employees to obtain experience and capability outside their typical operations.
More about Leonardo DRS Huntsville:
Leonardo DRS Huntsville is a progressive, employee-focused workplace developing critical Test and Diagnostics systems used by the US Army. We are seeking a broad range of Software Development Engineers with real-time embedded experience, Windows development experience and Linux development experience who want to be part of our dynamic team developing these capabilities. The ideal candidate will have technical skills and experience, a passion for software development, and a desire to drive a software project from concept through fielding. These positions offer unlimited growth potential and include design and development of new systems as well as incorporating new features and support for existing systems.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design and develop embedded and application software solutions from requirements to production.
- Derive software requirements from system requirements.
- Document and present software design to peers, cross-functional teams, and customers.
- Implement robust and maintainable code and develop unit tests.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Evaluate, troubleshoot, and verify software in the lab with physical hardware as well as in simulation environments.
- Analyze and optimize system performance.
- Demonstrate consistent ability to solve problems independently.