Software Operations Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SOFTWARE OPERATIONS ENGINEER
Software Operations Engineers are dynamic engineers that ensure we are operating maintainable, resilient, systems for our manufacturing, design, and test needs. They support applications and services for both internal and external customers. They are also responsible for daily triage and troubleshooting of reported bugs and infrastructural alerts. They have a good understanding of software engineering, and have experience with build engineering, devops, and site reliability. Their primary focus is to optimize existing systems, improve infrastructure, and eliminate operational burden with automation.
We hold ourselves accountable for keeping our systems highly available. This role requires individuals who are comfortable working towards ambitious goals and driving solutions to unique problems. This position is challenging—you will be stretched to build your software engineering skills and you will need to learn multiple business domains. If you are mission-driven, this is the role you are looking for.
We are looking for a collaborative, intelligent, and motivated engineer who enjoys solving problems and wants to contribute towards our mission to become an interplanetary species. Previous Aerospace industry experience is not required.
Aerospace experience is not required to be successful here - rather we look for smart, motivated, collaborative engineers who love solving problems and want to make an impact on a super inspiring mission.
- Understand, simplify, and automate processes to improve systems and reduce toil
- Help customers get work done by providing support for bugs and administrative tasks
- Improve logging and monitoring tools used for our application ecosystem
- Coordinate, execute, and improve software development life-cycle processes
- Bi-monthly on-call rotation for off hours support of mission-critical issues
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university/college in engineering, physics, mathematics, computer science, or information systems; OR 1+ year work experience providing technical support for production software
1+ year experience with T-SQL or similar DBMS language
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ year experience with a software language (C#, Python, T-SQL, AngularJS)
- 1+ year experience with continual delivery tools (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- 1+ year experience with telemetry tracking, monitoring, and alerting
- 1+ year experience supporting customer requests and queue management
- Prior on-call experience supporting production critical software
- Proven ability to work autonomously
- Proven ability to collaborate with a team
- Proven ability to build custom tools to reduce operational toil
- Innovative problem-solving skills
- Understanding of software delivery life cycle
- Understanding of enterprise software (ERP)
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC