Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training, and supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries, including multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Title: Software Test Engineer (WPS L3)
Location: St. Louis
Develops and executes detailed test procedures in support of Mission Planning products developed by Tapestry’s Weapons and Unmanned Systems mission planning team. Defines configuration needs to perform tests and minimize risk within the constraints of the test plan. May develop automated test procedures. Develops testing solutions of limited scope and impact. Uses analytical tools to verify the design. Analyzes, processes, and formats data to customer requirements. Reviews test data, including off-nominal data, for accuracy, quality and/or fidelity prior to delivery to customer. Prepares and publishes test reports to document test results and satisfy requirements. Presents test results internally. Archives data and reports. Trains, tasks, and reviews the work of other testers. Works under general direction. Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met. Develops, selects, tailors and deploys software processes, tools and metrics.
- Develops and maintains test plans for software products.
- Develops and maintains test procedures for software products.
- Performs integration testing on software products.
- Performs formal qualification testing on software products.
- Documents test results for integration testing and formal qualification testing.
- Debriefs test team to evaluate test performance and obtains authorization to break/alter configuration.
- Prepares special test procedures to support failure investigation.
- Develops the plan for the next test activities or events based on results.
- Authorizes reallocation, disposition or refurbishment of test articles and assets.
- Supports the development and verification of test methods.
- Develops test plans to identify test approach, resources (e.g., people, capital, facilities), schedules and cost estimates that meet applicable requirements, standards and regulations.
- Develops detailed test procedures, and instrumentation and configuration definition, needed to perform the test and minimize risk within the constraints of the test plan.
- May develop automated test procedures.
- Analyzes, processes, and formats data to customer requirements.
- Reviews software, including off-nominal data, for accuracy and quality.
- Gathers information from sources such as specifications, technology experts, contracts, test plans and system engineering to define complex test requirements, facilities and test articles in accordance with applicable program Statement of Work (SOW) and regulatory requirements as a basis for test planning.
- Performs test in accordance with approved test plan/procedure and applicable policies.
- Troubleshoots and addresses anomalies.
- Makes decisions based on emergent conditions.
- Collects data for processing as required.
- Defines and oversees test configuration work by providing work instructions and detailed change information.
- Coordinates the integration of test specific hardware and validates conformance to test specifications.
- Conducts test readiness reviews, safety reviews and data/control systems checkout to minimize risks.
- Performs calibrations and system check-out/validation to satisfy test requirements.
- Develops and validates software for data acquisition and analysis.
- Prepares complex daily execution plans for effective use of all test resources.
- Presents test results internally.
- Documents and reports lessons learned and performance metrics to improve future testing and makes recommendations to improve processes.
- Archives data and reports as required.
- May help train, task, and review the work of Software Tester I and II and Test Engineer I and II.
- May construct, document and check out code by utilizing software development environment tools and programming languages in order to implement test scripts.
- Participates in peer reviews.
- Troubleshoots and investigates difficult problems across software components.
- Evaluates proposed solutions to problems.
- For all phases of the software life cycle: develops, selects, tailors and deploys processes and tools; establish metrics; and utilizes regulations and industry standards.
- With general direction, provides guidance to less experienced employees, performs research, contributes to proposals, documents research and development results and aids technology transfer into programs.
- Provides subject matter expertise on software testing methodologies and processes to other technical and support personnel.
- Supports operational and integration issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Typical Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelors and 5 or more years experience, Masters degree with 3 or more years experience or PhD degree with experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Software testing for applications hosted on Windows system
- Experience utilizing automated software test tools
- Earned Value Management (EVM) techniques
- SAFe Agile
- Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Mission Planning domain
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.