Sr. FPGA Engineer (Starlink)
, California, United States
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. FPGA ENGINEER (STARLINK)
- Port ASIC functional blocks to FPGA-based emulation platforms. This includes Verilog wrapper creation and maintenance, Xilinx implementation, timing and area analysis and feedback to ASIC engineers
- Work in labs to test and debug emulated designs
- Debug logic problems as well as RF interconnection issues
- Run system tests and analyze failures and abnormal performance
- Assemble and build new test hardware configurations
- Maintain existing hardware, including hardware, software, and RF debug
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or physics
- 7+ years of professional experience
- Experience in the emulation and verification phase of ASIC design
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Fluent in Verilog and familiar with SystemVerilog
- Familiar with the FPGA implementation process, including place and route, timing analysis, and area analysis
- Capable of analyzing FPGA implementation and providing feedback to ASIC engineers (Xilinx preferred)
- Strong hands-on debug skills, including familiarity with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers
- Familiar with Linux operating systems, and scripting languages such as python (familiarity with C++ a plus)
- Ability to read schematics and debug PCBs with digital logic and RF circuitry
- Ability to perform small scale rework on fine pitch surface mount PCBs
- Ability to perform schematic capture for circuit boards
- Knowledge of basic DSP algorithms and implementation techniques
- Familiar with modulation techniques including OFDM
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC