Sr. RF/Microwave Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SpaceX is looking for RF/Microwave engineers of all levels for their Seattle office. The candidate will be part of a multidisciplinary team focused on developing all elements of new high performance wireless digital communication systems from antenna to protocol level.
- Simulating/modeling RF front-end systems, working with System Architects, Modem/DSP and ASIC engineers to partition functions between hardware and software domains
- Deriving RF hardware specifications for the RF system and RF blocks
- Develop RF/microwave circuits, components, MMICs, board and packages
- Evaluate and characterize prototypes and RF components
- Characterize and analyze full radio performance
- Assist in the development of automated test equipment for lab measurements
- Work with manufacturing engineers on production testing of RF avionics components and systems
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 7+ years of research and/or industry experience in RF/microwave circuit design
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree or PhD in an engineering discipline with emphasis in RF/microwave circuits or electromagnetic theory
- Experience with design of linear and non-linear circuits such as power amplifiers, low noise amplifiers, mixers, filters and PLLs
- Thorough understanding of RF passive components
- Familiar with radio related test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, vector signal analyzers, vector signal generator, network analyzers
- Experience characterizing radio performance at microwave frequencies
- Knowledge of digital communication systems, spread spectrum, single and multi-carrier techniques and modulation types such as QPSK, APSK and QAM
- RF/microwave design using ADS, HFSS, AWR or similar
- Understanding of electromagnetic propagation and antenna systems
- Schematic and layout using Altium Designer or other PCB design tool
- Experience in Matlab, Python, C++ or equivalent tools for modeling and analyzing RF systems
- Python and/or LabVIEW programming experience for test automation
- Digital communication theory with emphasis on bit error rate and system noise figure
- RF/microwave design in the Ku, Ka, V and E-band frequency range
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC