At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us!
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking Sr. Technical Designers tojoin the Structures Engineering team located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. As a member of this team, you will executestructural modifications and upgrades for Bomber programs, Executive Transport Services & Support (ETS&S), andAirborne Surveillance Command and Control (ASC2).
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Leads the development and maintenance of engineering product definition
- Oversees the development of design layouts and the modification of existing designs to satisfy customer and production requirements
- Develops engineering product definition based upon Company requirements and parameters
- Coordinates development of engineering product definition with internal/external parties to ensure compliance with applicable standards, requirements and design parameters as well as product functionality
- Integrates work statement, work scope and work transfer packages with internal and external customers to requirements
- Oversees, directs and integrates the completion of product definition across internal and external business partners and products to provide a functional end-product
- Investigates and resolves complex manufacturing process or engineering related issues
- Verifies accuracy of engineering data produced by others.
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Minimum of an Associates Degree
- Minimum of 5-years of experience working conceptual, preliminary and detailed design including 2D drawings and 3D deliverables.
- Minimum of a year of experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings and specifications
- Experience with CATIA
- Current/Active Secret U.S. Security Clearance or a Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is a PLUS (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
- Experience creating structural/mechanical designs using Catia & Enovia
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 6 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor+4 years related work experience, 8 years related work experience, etc.).
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.