Staff Engineer-Mechanical Systems
Boeing Company •
In this role, you will be contributing in the design, fabrication and testing of mechanical systems for UAVs and optionally piloted aircraft.
Aurora’s work environment provides significant responsibility and authority to implement robust, cost-effective, and high-performing technical solutions. As part of a dynamic, multidisciplinary team, this engineer participates in hands-on engineering, from concept through implementation, and integration all the way to flight test.
- B.S. in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from accredited university
- Candidates must be a U.S. Person (U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident/Green Card Holder)
- Minimum of 8 years of hands-on mechanical engineering professional experience
- Strong technical background including familiarity with industry standards for mechanical system design, integration, and test for aerospace.
- Proficiency in static FEA and kinematic analysis techniques, and experience in dynamic and/or thermal analysis
- Experience with hardware performance and certification tests
- Hands-on experience working with machine shops, specifying fasteners, bearings, and other hardware
- Experience with CAD software (CATIA v5 preferred).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- M.S. in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from accredited university
- Experience with development of mechanical systems for UAVs and optionally piloted aircraft
- MATLAB/Python/VBA/macros coding experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team consisting of design, analysis, test and/or manufacturing personnel
- Experience with FAA certification activities, designing to appropriate FAR standards and interfacing with DARs and DERs
- Knowledge of GD&T per ASME Y14.5 and CAD file structure along with tolerance analysis capabilities. Experience in application ASME Y14.41 methods for Model Based Definition is desirable
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Some travel required (10-25 depending on location)
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC