At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us!
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking Structural Design Engineers tojoin the Structures Engineering team located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. As a member of this team, you will executestructural modifications and upgrades for Bomber programs, Executive Transport Services & Support (ETS&S), andAirborne Surveillance Command and Control (ASC2).
- Perform structural design tasks for Structures Capability Team
- Responsible for developing detail and modification design concepts, final design and meeting contractual & producibilityrequirements for end item deliverables; This includes structural modifications, mechanical components and primary andsecondary structural detail and installation design for Development and Production purposes
- Responsible for the integration of detail design of parts installation and support to planning &manufacturing efforts and associated tools
- Analyzes and resolves design problems, able to develop and assist others with resolving design discrepancies andanalyze the applicability of new and emerging technologies and advanced techniques
- Support internal/external design reviews, Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs), Preliminary/Critical Design Reviews(PDR/CDR) with US and Foreign Air Force customers
- Provide design expertise and technical knowledge to resolve customer inquiries for post-production fleet sustainment
- Responsible for Material Review Board (MRB) actions, providing engineering design disposition on discrepancies (e.g., rejection tags, production action requests, shop revision requests)
- Documents processes, specifications and procedures that support the design and manufacture of structural commodities
- Develops complex statements of work, metrics, schedules and budgets
- Performs technical review of supplier capabilities to facilitate source selection
- Supports new business and proposal activities
- Works under minimal direction
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Minimum of 3-years of experience working conceptual, preliminary and detailed design including 2D drawings and 3D deliverables
- Minimum of 3-years years of experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings and specifications
- Minimum of 3-years of experience with CAD/CAM software, preferably CATIA
- Experience leading teams or projects
- Current/Active Secret U.S. Security Clearance
- Experience with Earned Value Management (Scheduling, Budgeting, Cost Analysis)
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelors and 5 or more years experience, Masters with 3 or more years experience or PhD with 2 or more years experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.