System Engineer (Remote)
Boeing Company •
THIS POSITION REQUIRES THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN A SECRET CLEARANCE
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) is seeking a System Engineer to support a mission critical agency in multiple remote locations. This position supports the U.S. Navy in defining, updating, and maintaining the Arleigh Burke-Class Destroyer Data Multiplex System (DMS), Fiber Optic Data Multiplex System (FODMS), and Gigabit Ethernet Data Multiplex System (GEDMS) configurations, collectively referred to as xDMS.
In this role, the candidate helps generate firmware which controls message routing and message filtering for the destroyers digital data networks. This involves evaluating performance requirements, integrating technical parameters, and ensuring xDMS interface compatibility for both shipboard and land-based test sites. Much of the job entails reviewing documentatioin of planned alterations and updating a configuration database to reflect interface changes for one or more ships. This requires meticulous and precise work so individuals who enjoy detailed activities will best fit the work environment. This is an office based job; the majority of your time will be spent working on a computer, collaborating by phone or email.
- Applies an interdisciplinary collaborative approach to plan, design, develop, and verify system solutions.
- Evaluates customer and operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Performs various analyses to optimize system architecture
- Minimum 3 years of related shipboard systems integration experience
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or degree in a related technical discipline
- An active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Secret Level Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship
- Minimum 3 years of experience with U.S. Navy shipboard network systems (ideally xDMS) and knowledge of information sources (sensors, inertial navigation systems, controlled devices, control consoles) and their interfaces (the data they provide and need)
- Experience with unicast, multicast, and broadcast message transfer techniques
- Database development and administration experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in systems engineering
- Software systems engineering
- Programming experience
- Working in a largely self-directed environment
BI&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (PDF)
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC