System Engineer - Integration & Test
Lockheed Martin •
, Massachusetts, United States
Description:The Torpedoes, Targets, and Sensors business area has a need for a highly skilled Senior Systems Engineer to join our rapidly growing team in Marion, MA. This role would support ongoing work within the MK48 Heavyweight Torpedo program. The candidate needs to be a strong technically and have demonstrated experience executing the systems engineering life cycle including requirements analysis, development and derivation, design oversight to ensure compliance to requirements, integration and qualification testing (IV&V), followed by introduction of final products into production and production support.
It is desired that the candidate have familiarity with Control Account Management/Earned Value for defense contracts executing approved technical scope within set schedules and budgets.
The successful candidate will be proficient in communicating across the IPT and upward to program leads and senior managers. The candidate must be highly engaged with program leaders, the engineering teams/IPTs, customers, and other services impacting development and test such as drafting, sourcing, safety, manufacturing, etc.
At Lockheed Martin Rotary & Mission Systems RMS, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
• Prior System Engineering experience on DoD programs supporting multidisciplinary teams
• Previous experience with Verification & Validation (V&V) activities planning for and executing test events and documenting results.
• Prior experience with Requests For Variance (RFV) / Requests for Deviation (RFD) / Engineering Change Proposal (ECP)
• Past experience with Failure Review Boards (FRB) / Material Review Boards (MRB) / Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action Systems (FRACAS)
• Prior experience executing and overseeing the technical scope of the System Engineering life-cycle and tracking progress via TPMs and other SE metrics
• Prior experience managing requirements with tools such as DOORS
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with and present technical scope to senior leadership and customers
• Must have superb written skills and prior experience developing technical artifacts for DoD type programs
• Occasional travel to customer facilities is required
• Candidate must be capable of obtaining a Secret clearance.
• Experience with US Navy Program Executive Offices (PEOs) and Naval Undersea Warfare Centers (NUWC)
• Experience defining Risks & Opportunities for a program
• Experience with Product Development & Manufacturing
• Familiarity with DoD contracting activities and acquisition life-cycle
• Familiarity with Earned Value Management (EVM) techniques to establish and track schedules and budgets
• Former experience with Specialty Engineering related to IA, ILS, RMA, Safety, etc.
• Prior experience developing materials for and presenting at System Engineering Technical Reviews (SRR/SFR/SSR/PDR/CDR/TRR/FCA/PCA/PRR)
• Detailed knowledge, analytical skills, and hands-on experience with system design, test, and production.
• Experience with and familiarity with other engineering disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, and software engineering
• Experience in Model Based Engineering concepts and tools (SysML/DODAF/UPDM)
• Ability to thrive in multitasking environment
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC