At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Individual will perform simulation-based end-to-end functional and performance analysis of the Missile Defense System (MDS) supporting the systems engineering development process for the Missile Defense Agency (MDA).
- Individual will perform MDS performance analyses utilizing large-scale complex BMDS Modeling and Simulation (M&S) tools and utilize the results to support system engineering discrimination products for MDA.
- Individual will also perform development, updates, and benchmarking/anchoring of BMDS M&S tools, as necessary to support system level analysis and discrimination tasks.
- Individual will coordinate analysis activities and products with functional group leads, senior management, and government personnel responsible for executing analysis tasks.
- The individual will document analysis results in reports and briefings to be presented to the Missile Defense National Team (MDNT) and Missile Defense Agency (MDA) representatives.
- Individual will perform as an investigator and as part of a team.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum technical bachelors degree
- Individual must have a technical background in System Engineering System Analysis including system performance analysis and numerical M&S
- Use of high level programming languages such as MATLAB, Python, Java, FORTRAN, C++ or similar language
- Experience in any of the following domains: system concept trade studies, operational analysis, requirements analysis, feasibility analysis, system performance measures of effectiveness analysis (incl. technical performance measures), discrimination methods and techniques definition, EO/IR sensors, RF/Radar sensors, missiles/interceptors, ICBM / hypersonic / MRM / SRM threats, discrimination analysis, detection/tracking, or Command and Control (e.g., C3I, C4I, etc.)
- Individual must possess good communication skills and be capable of working both independently and in a team environment
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Active Top Secret Clearance is highly desired
- BDS Engineering Candidates Desired
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years related work experience, Master+7 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.