At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Perform System-level engineering and analysis of radar performance within the BMDS, including mathematical-based modeling and simulation (M&S) in support of the Missile Defense Agency’s mission area.
- The selected individual will operate in a team environment to develop performance concepts and requirements functionality and performance against evolving threats and countermeasures.
- Individual selected will be expected to coordinate within MDA and across industry to evaluate and bring leading-edge techniques and radar capabilities including tracking, conventional and advanced discrimination techniques into the BMDS system for consideration.
- Candidate may lead M&S tasks that support end-to-end performance analysis of the BMDS.
- Individual will also lead development, updating, and benchmarking/anchoring of BMDS M&S tools to support system analysis tasks.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum technical bachelors degree
- Candidates must have a technical background in radar functionality and performance
- Candidate also must possess demonstrated numerical M&S capability using a high-level programming language such as MATLAB, Python, FORTRAN, or similar language environment or demonstrated strong skills analyzing output from performance M&S
- Candidate must demonstrate ability to think critically to develop and capture concepts in technical papers, presentations and discussions. Individual must possess good oral and written communication skills
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Active Top Secret Clearance is highly desired
Specific Knowledge of fielded BMDS radar assets is highly desired, particularly SBX and LRDR
Demonstrated experience in M&S of missile defense applications or similar domains (air combat, air defense, intercept of ballistic targets, intercept of non-ballistic targets, space vehicles, sub-orbital mechanics, etc.)
Knowledge of ballistic and advanced threat systems (e.g., aero-maneuvering, hypersonic, hyper-glide, countermeasures, etc.), is a discriminator in selection
Modeling and analysis experience in aspects of the BMDS (e.g., Aegis Weapons Systems, Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD), Fire Control, C2BMC, BMDS sensors (EOIR/RF), kill vehicles, interceptors, countermeasures, etc.)
Systems engineering experience with large, complex systems
BDS Engineering Candidates Desired
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years related work experience, Master+7 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.