Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Advanced ISR designs, develops and manufactures avionics systems, flight safety products, tactical radios, communications equipment, electronic warfare, and intelligence systems used by the United States and friendly foreign military services. The company also integrates its products onto military and other government agency platforms and supports these products worldwide.
Job Location Beavercreek, OH
Job Title: Systems Engineer IV
This position is in our Beavercreek, Ohio location in the Mission Point office complex. Responsibilities will involve primarily working as a member of a team of engineers supporting the development of our product lines and the integration of our products into airborne, naval, and ground systems. System engineering responsibilities include design, development, simulation, analysis, testing and debugging of computer software and firmware applications and/or systems. Systems engineering responsibilities include the analysis, design, development and implementation of new and/or existing systems/sub-systems and may include architectural design, requirements engineering, system specification and acquisition of hardware and software (or subcontractor services as needed). Candidates must be capable of determining hardware compatibility, completing documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance, and interacting with stakeholders to define system requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for driving technology and completion of activity on time and within budget
- Decompose requirements, design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- Ability to complete a technical project independently and mentor and coach other engineers
- Review customer specifications and requirements, and develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
- Document component and subsystem specifications and material requirements
- Analyze designs as necessary
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Support the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Develop prototypes to retire key development risks
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with manufacturing, supply chain, program management and the customer as required
- Participates heavily in preparation of the more complex and significant proposals
- Provides technical expertise and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization