DRS Technologies •
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo SpA which employs more than 45,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Sustainment Systems Inc.
DRS Sustainment Systems, Inc. (DRS-SSI) is a Leonardo DRS Line of Business (LOB) headquartered in St. Louis, MO. It is a full service supplier of diversified defense systems, products and support for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and other international defense customers. From conceptual design through manufacturing to integrated logistics support, DRS-SSI has a more than 50-year tradition of providing quality systems and products while meeting customer’s demands for innovation, efficiency and quality. The business unit also includes a 100-acre heavy equipment manufacturing facility in West Plains, MO. The performance of DRS-SSI’s St. Louis operation has been recognized by the Government and industrial customers with numerous awards including: Preferred Supplier Certification, Medallion of Service Award, Intelligence and Electronic Warfare Certification of Recognition, and Blue Ribbon Awards. We operate on a 9/80 work schedule.
Job Location – Saint Louis, MO
DRS Sustainment Systems Inc. is seeking a Full Time Systems Engineer. This position will create and execute an interdisciplinary process to ensure that the customer and stakeholders’ needs are satisfied in a high quality, trustworthy, cost efficient, and schedule compliant manner throughout a system’s entire life cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for driving technology and completion of activity on time and budget.
- Ability to complete a technical project independently. Review customer specifications and requirements, and develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable.
- Ability to collaborate in major problem resolution efforts and support regaining or attaining customer partnership status.
- Responsible for executing the systems engineering process including requirements analysis and engineering, architectural design, SE documentation, risk management, verification and validation, and completion of activities on time and budget.
- Supports acquisition of hardware and software (or subcontractor services as needed).
- Enforce systems engineering design process and integrate into program plans.
- Responsible for working with a group of engineers on a technical activity and completion of activity on time and budget.
- May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments.
- Review customer specifications and requirements, and engineer traceable development requirements to best realize them, including cost as a key design variable.
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services.
- Provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent
- 0 - 2 years of experience
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, written and verbal..
- Requirements engineering and IBM DOORS (as a user).
- Experience in development of System Performance Specifications, Item Performance Specifications, bi-directional traceability, and Military Standards.
- INCOSE ASEP or CSEP certification or other SE credential.
- Use of Microsoft Office products.
Leonardo DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #LSY
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC