Systems Test Engineer II
DRS Technologies •
Advanced Acoustic Concepts, LLC, a joint venture between DRS Technologies and Thales Company, is a technical leader in the fields of sonar systems, sonar signal processing, acoustic training systems, and open architecture system and software integration. The venture focuses on emerging areas in the undersea warfare domain where the customer has identified mission-critical needs. For additional information about Advanced Acoustic Concepts, please visit our website at http://www.aaccorp.com.
Job Location: Bethesda, MD (Carderock)
Title: Systems Test Engineer II
Position Summary: This position will support SQQ89 US Navy SONAR and Fire Control Systems. The qualified candidate will be the site representative responsible for supporting systems integration and test engineering activities for the SQQ89 and AEGIS program located in Carderock, Maryland. This includes supporting the integration and test team leads, the customer, and customer representatives in the execution of informal and formal integration and test procedures on the systems. The systems test engineer will also work with systems and integration engineering teams to ensure all requirements are appropriately documented and implemented per requirements specifications and verified per test procedures. This may involve designing and developing test programs to measure the functionality/integrity of products and services, testing procedures/protocols to assess product reliability, evaluating the ability of products to meet performance standards and specifications, and debugging test hardware and software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- SQQ89 technical site representative at the Combat System Engineering and Development Site
- Responsible for technical activity and completion of assigned task on time and budget
- Support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- Coordinate and support software installation, test events and technical communications
- Communicate clearly (written/oral) with engineering, program management and the customer as required
- Execute and support system testing procedures for both formal and informal tests
- Manage and improve test engineering processes and procedures
- Demonstrate ability to complete a technical project independently and as part of a team.
- May provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Attend appropriate engineering, customer or business meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience and a minimum of 2 years of experience
- Competent technical expertise and application domain knowledge
- Familiarity with US Navy sensor or combat system level testing, including knowledge of SQQ89 SONAR or AEGIS combat systems.
- Experience in developing and conducting test procedures individually or as a team
- Proficiency with Linux
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Current US Security clearance
Additional Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum 3-5 years of US Naval SONAR/Fire Control operational experience highly preferred
- Surface or subsurface US Navy SONAR systems and operations experience
- AEGIS Fire Control Systems/Subsystems operations experience
- US Navy operations and procedures experience
- Lifting: up to 20 lbs up to 25% of time
- Walking: up to 25% of time
- Climbing, Bending, Standing, Stooping: up to 10% of time
- Sitting: up to 75% of time
This position requires the ability to travel to various locations (up to 40% of time).
Advanced Acoustic Concepts, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #MCSS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC