At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is seeking aSystems Engineers to join our team in Fairfax, VA. In this position you will design and build Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) products for the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, and allied customers. Our products intercept Radio Frequency (RF) signals, apply signal processing algorithms, distribute the processed results and display it to operators. They are deployed to manned aircraft, unmanned aircraft, ships, submarines, and ground mobile platforms.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Provide system engineering support to maintain the security posture of networks and systems.
- Applies systems engineering and network design processes, methodologies and tools to the design of communications and signal processing systems including new product development.
- Applies information assurance and cyber security standards to develop basic architectures, functional requirements and product designs.
- Performs system security evaluations, including risk assessments, test plans, procedures and system design mitigations.
- Interacts or fulfills role of Information System Security Engineer (ISSE).
- Performs system software integration, including system testing and debug.
- Interfaces with other members of the project or program teams, management and customers
US – Current TS/SCI clearance (Pre-Start)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Windows and Linux based operating systems
- Experience with system security evaluation tools and processes.
- Broad knowledge of network communication concepts and architectures, including network transport services and concepts.
- Experience with at least one scripting language is required (e.g. PowerShell, bash, python)
- Current Top Secret/SCI security clearance
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving hardware component failures
- Experience with network test equipment, performance and diagnostics analysis tools
- Experience writing, executing, and controlling system test plans and procedures
- General knowledge of digital and radio frequency design, production, or testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers Relocation based on candidate eligibility
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified