At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us!
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking Technical Designers tojoin the Structures Engineering team located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. As a member of this team, you will executestructural modifications and upgrades for Bomber programs, Executive Transport Services & Support (ETS&S), andAirborne Surveillance Command and Control (ASC2).
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Develops and maintains engineering product definition
- Prepares design layouts and modifies existing designs
- Develops engineering product definition
- Develops statements of work, including design requirements, cost and schedule estimates Coordinates and develops work transfer packages
- Contributes to the integration of product definition across internal and external business partners to provide a functional end-product
- Investigates and resolves moderately-complex manufacturing process, or engineering related issues
- Verifies accuracy of engineering data produced by others.
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Minimum of an Associates Degree
- Minimum of 3-years’ experience working conceptual, preliminary and detailed design including 2D drawings and 3D deliverables.
- Minimum of a year of experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings and specifications
- Experience with CATIA
- Current/Active Secret U.S. Security Clearance or a Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is a PLUS (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
- Experience creating structural/mechanical designs using Catia & Enovia
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 3 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor+1 years related work experience, 5 years related work experience, etc.).
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.