At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire.From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world.Find your future with us!
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) has an opportunity for highly motivated entry-level professionals to become Procurement Agents and join the Supplier Management team in St. Louis, MO
The successful candidate will support procurement activities for BDS products and services. This exciting entry level role is fast-paced and provides a unique opportunity to learn about and support the Boeing business from a variety of areas. You will build a foundation of skills, experiences and partnerships necessary to develop and pursue more complex Supplier Management opportunities across the Boeing enterprise.
Some of the day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Assists with continuous review and analysis of demand and supply. Supports the sourcing strategies, negotiations and documenting of contracts and agreements.
- Gathers data for supplier performance evaluation and improvement opportunities.
- Negotiates and contracts for products, services and technologies.
- Engages stakeholders to ensure that program, customer, product and in-service strategies are integrated into source selection, negotiation and contracting strategies.
- Prepares and executes negotiated contractual documents and binding agreements.
- Optimizes execution of the supply chain balancing inventory, supply orders and schedule demand.
- Manages supplier/subcontractor performance and relationship to ensure delivery, quality, financial stability and in-service performance.
- Initiates supplier improvement activities and provides results for integration into contracting strategies.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Project
- Experience interacting with customers or suppliers regarding contract requirements and/or proposals
- Experience working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment is highly desired
- Experience implementing process and/or strategy improvements and an applied understanding of Lean practices
- Ability to be self-directed in work and/or previous experience in a self-directed role
- Communication skills and customer focus are critical to be successful in the role
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. 4 years related work experience)
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.