At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking an Experienced Procurement Coordinator to support our business in Chantilly, VA.
- Prepares customer specific charts and reports for procurement agents and management to support analysis and management of procurement elements such as supplier cost, delivery and quality.
- Trains and coaches less experienced Procurement Coordinators.
- Completes procurement responsibilities for low value, non complex procurements and releases to previously negotiated strategic agreements.
- Supports Procurement Agents in tasks related to higher-value procurement transactions.
- Enters data, runs queries, performs updates and edits databases for procurement agents, management and other customers to ensure data integrity and timeliness.
- Collects, organizes, edits and provides data from various computer systems and databases to procurement agents and management in order to effectively evaluate processes and performance within the procurement cycle.
- Communicates with suppliers, procurement agents and internal customers to identify and resolve issues associated with the procurement cycle such as quotes, billing, contracts and other documentation discrepancies to ensure contractual compliance.
- Gathers documentation (e.g., drawings, specifications, statements of work) from various data sources and sends to suppliers, in order to define contractual requirements.
- Schedules and organizes meetings, records and distributes meeting minutes and agendas, processes and files forms and documentation and performs other administrative tasks, to assist in the efficiency of procurement operations.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance post-start for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) with a Counterintelligence Polygraph U.S. Security Clearance post-start
- Minimum 3 years experience within procurement or related field
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- An active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) with a Counterintelligence Polygraph U.S. Security Clearance
- Customer Service experience
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 4 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+2 years related work, Bachelor, etc.).
RELOCATION: This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE: Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.