The Boeing Zhoushan Completion Center is a collaboration between The Boeing Company and Commercial Aviation Corporation of China (COMAC), located in Zhoushan, Zhejiang Province. In this new business entity, we will complete the highest quality 737s for China and craft the best customer delivery experience available anywhere. We are seeking talented candidates to build a successful team that will be the foundation to future success.
The Boeing 737 Completion Center Supplier Management organization has a great opportunity for experienced Procurement Agents to join our Team. This team is responsible for the procurement and contract management of all indirect goods and services across Boeing 737 Completion Center and is critical to enabling company operations. Indirect goods and services include tooling and equipment, facility management, IT, manufacturing support consumables, and enterprise services.
This role will focus on supplier sourcing, procurement and contract negotiation strategy development. You will develop and inform contract negotiation strategies based on review of supplier financial statements. You will assess the overall supplier company health, performance and ability to deliver products and services. The Procurement Agent will execute and manage strategic sourcing and procurement initiatives in support of organizational goals and objectives.
- Create sourcing strategy and selection to ensure program and customer integration
- Leading negotiation of pricing and contract terms and conditions
- Evaluate supplier proposals for cost, lead times, and quality
- Providing oversight and management of supply and demand, schedules, supplier quality, delivery and financial performance.
- Consulting with external and internal customers to resolve supplier performance issues
- Initiating and executing supplier improvement activities and project integrates.
The successful applicant will have a background in procurement, supply chain or strategic sourcing. The candidate must possess strong business acumen, problem solving, and written and verbal communication skills. You will also need strong leadership skills, the ability to build positive working relationships and have a demonstrated ability to work in matrix organizations with people at all levels.
Basic Required Qualifications:
- A Bachelors degree is required, preferably with a focus in Supply Chain, Business or other related studies
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with Supplier Management, Supply Chain or Procurement practices and processes
- At least 3 years of experience with sourcing, proposal development and contract negotiations. Including demonstrated working knowledge of the strategic application of terms and conditions in contract negotiation
- Proficiency and experience working with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required
- Strong written and verbal communication in both English and Mandarin Chinese
- Experience working on cross-functional teams
- Experience implementing process and/or strategy improvements in dealing with suppliers.
- International supplier management experience