At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) Aircraft Support team is looking for a Program Finance Analyst to join the UK team based out of our Bristol office. Boeing UK works closely with our customers to provide ongoing support and services to multiple public sector organisations for the UK government and MoD. This role will have the opportunity to work within a team which spans both current in-work and new contracts within a fun and challenging business growth environment with offices in multiple sites across the UK.
The individual will have the opportunity to work on cross functional teams for both daily work as well as special projects, interacting and collaborating with other functions such as Scheduling, Material Cost Management, Accounting and Financial Planning & Analysis. They will also start developing relationships with Program Managers across the business in support of Financial Operations for the programmes they will be supporting.
There will be a focus on skill development and career progression throughout the different areas of the finance function and the individual will need to demonstrate enthusiasm, strong communication skills, and the ability to work in a pro-active, fast paced, dynamic environment. Opportunities for professional development with external accreditations are also available for further career development.
• Act as primary financial focal point for the designated business areas providing the management team financial support and information to enable timely and accurate decision making
• Full cycle project accounting support for assigned projects depending on their stage in the life cycle (which could include proposal development, implementation & execution through to contract closure).
• Perform financial Estimates At Complete (EAC) in collaboration with Business Partners and cross-functional teams with oversight of a Financial Operations team to support the work scope, and provide regular reporting and presentations to Senior Leadership
• Utilize Earned Value Management techniques and tools to interpret, analyze and understand monthly performance information, the drivers behind any cost variances and support the preparation of mitigation and action plans to resolve any issues
• Extracting data and compiling performance reports while assisting with preparing variance analyses.
• Manage the monthly and quarterly financial forecasting process across designated business areas and contracts
• Evaluate the potential impact of Risks and Opportunities and support operational teams to identify and implement mitigation plans driving profitability
• Report programme performance including progress to plan, performance taken, and remaining effort, including effects on Orders, Revenue, Earnings & Cash
• Provide in-depth analysis and recommendations for the business and support strategy development and strategic direction for the financial operations team
• Drive consistency and standardization across the wider BDUK FinOps team, ensuring compliance to Boeing standards and requirements
• Support the development of performance reporting metrics and management information for use by programme leadership team
• Experience working within an operations-facing finance team, acting as a Business Partner to key Operational Managers & Executives.
• Prior experience of EVM (preferably using CSPR, COBRA and Open Plan)
• Skilled team member/contributor
• Business (Financial) Acumen
• Strong Written and Oral Communication skills
• Experience of driving and delivering Business Results
• Focus on Customer satisfaction
• IT proficient (particularly Excel, PowerPoint)
Experience in Financial Operations using CSPR and EVM tool suits. Background in Accounting, Economics, Business, Finance or Project Accounting/controlling preferred. The successful candidate will be from a multi-disciplinary background with a proven track record of having demonstrated the key competences listed above.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE