Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture, which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS Airborne & Intelligence Systems, Fort Walton Beach, FL provides engineering, manufacturing, and support of defense and aerospace systems for sea, land, air, and space use. Our product and service areas include electronic control and monitoring systems, aerospace material handling systems, simulation and training systems, aerospace support equipment, contract manufacturing, engineering, and product support. In addition, DRS AIS-FWB has contract logistics support operations domestically as well as in Europe and the Middle East.
Job Location Fort Walton Beach, FL
Title: Program Finance Analyst
Analyze, plan and understand the company’s financial position, support, baseline planning, and actual cost verification, preparation of Estimates at Completion (EAC), variance analysis, manpower projections, revenue and profit forecasting. Provide general support to the Program Manager/Program Team with business and financial analysis, and, financial reports for Site Management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support of the Financial & Program Analysis management functions to the department
- Understand the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and the Strategic Guide Plan process and help prepare program bookings, revenue, operating profit, investment and cash flow data
- Understand how job costs are collected and billed on all contract types
- Obtain agreement on previously determined goals and objectives through negotiation, persuasion and advocacy
- Establish, develop and maintain effective business relationships with internal and external customers
- Support negotiations with the government, industry prime contractors and foreign customers
- Conduct difficult analytical studies, monitor trends and be able to accurately interpret the results
- Support of government compliance and audit activities
- Understand Standards of Conduct to include: Conflicts of Interests; Improper Practices; Liability and Fraud
- Understand Contract design and structure to include: FFP; CPIF; CPFF; CPAF; BOA; IDIQ; Foreign Military Sale (FMS); and International Direct Commercial Sale (DCS), and, competitive and sole source procurements
- Strong grasp of generally accepted accounting principles and a working knowledge of the Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and IFRS
- Support Proposal Preparations including: Bid – No Bid requirements; Cost Estimating; Pricing; RFP Review; Risk Mitigation; and Negotiation
- Understand Source Selection Evaluation Process to include Cost & Price Analysis, Discussions, Debriefings and Protest
- Program & Finance: Basis of Estimate (BOE) preparation; Budget preparation, reporting and management; Cost & Variance Analysis; Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS); Estimate at Completion (EAC); Cash Management/Working Capital; Forecasting; Contractual Reporting (CDRL, EVM, Cost & Pricing, C/SSR); Risk Management; Return on Investment (ROI); Audit preparation and management; and Program Review preparation
- Supports, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Maximize IT utilization through electronic commerce and ERP/Oracle implementation
- General Business Operations Knowledge to include: Management principles; Business Development; HR; Operations; Finance; Accounting; Economics; and Information Technology
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures