Job Posting Title: Purchasing Analyst
Location Trumbull, CT
Pay rate: Please email us your hourly rate along with your resume submission fro consideration
Other: US Citizen; Background check and drug test required
The Purchasing Analyst is a key aftermarket supply chain
position with the responsibility to ensure critical support is provided for our
Helicopter customers operating around the world. Activities revolve around
processing repairs, supplier quotes, etc. using SAP Enterprise Resource
Planning (ERP) system as the primary processing environment for the Trumbull
Commercial Aftermarket Repairs.
The Purchasing analyst role will be responsible for the
delivery, cost, and quality of their respective repair vendors.
- The analyst must take ownership for all vendors within
their jurisdiction from a strategic and transactional vantage point.
- Maintain open repair orders and issue supplier
performance reports as needed
- Negotiate pricing and contractual terms.
- Manage supplier relationships and performance issues.
- High level of data analysis and reporting experience
- Expediting and coordinating material requirements to suppliers for repaired Trumbull components.
- Manage the return and speedy replacement of defective materials.
- Review and qualify new and existing suppliers as needed. Supplier surveys may include site visitation involving the auditing of supplier procedures used in the repair of products and services.
- Managing communication with customers related to pricing, contract flow down, civil airworthiness certification, quality and delivery.
- Monitor supplier portal to ensure suppliers are properly maintaining commit dates.
- Make recommendations to suppliers to enable them to better serve and conduct business in a co-operative and ethical manner in accordance with Company guidelines to achieve departmental and company business objectives as defined by management.
- Manage weekly metrics and goal.
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
Skills Required: (with performance standard)
- Strong computer skills MS office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) and SAP ERP System skills.
- Strong analytical skills, business judgment and adaptability skills.
- Communicate effectively with internal/external customers and management using written and or verbal methods as required.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage and organize multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- 3-5 years’ experience in working with external vendors and setting performance standards of excellence.
- Previous experience with SAP ERP system a plus but not a requirement.
- Ability to influence and aggressively hold suppliers accountable to established performance metrics.
- Identifying Process improvements using clients Continuous Process improvement principles & methods.
- Establish strong relationships with our supply base
- Focus on results and be proactive.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Must be an excellent Team player.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent combination of experience in
business is preferred