Senior Financial Analyst
DRS Technologies •
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.LeonardoDRS.com.
Lead and/or perform a variety of complex financial tasks in one or more areas of finance in support of senior management. Duties may include performing financial analysis and reporting for use in corporate planning, developing and tracking of budgets and key performance indicators. Position has high visibility to senior leadership and requires the ability to interpret, analyze, and present data and recommendations to senior executives. Senior Financial analyst will be co-located with Business Management (Program finance, Accounting, Contracts, and FP&A), and will work closely with functional leadership (Business Development, Engineering, Operations). This position is direct report to the Senior Director, Finance for the Land Electronics business.
Primary & Essential Accountabilities
- Lead and/or perform various complex financial functions such as budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis
- Collect and review financial data from various sources
- Create financial databases and spreadsheets, and generate various financial reports as required
- Make recommendations to management to improve the financial performance of the organization
- Ensure management understanding of rate and budget issues
- Identify and resolve highly complex problems as well as to prevent future problems
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures, as well as DFARS, FAR, and other government regulations
- Conduct independent research and apply analytical and problem solving skills to lead and complete numerous and diverse special projects
- Provide assistance to management and key stakeholders, interpreting financial reports and identifying and resolving problem areas
- Analyze and interpret trends or deviations from forecasted/anticipated results
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Perform financial analyses and generate reports and recommendations for management review.
- Analyze trends and reports on depreciation, working capital, investments, rates of return, and financial and expense comparisons based on profit and loss statements and income statements
- Bachelor’s degree in finance with 8+ years directly related experience including knowledge of DFARS/FAR and other applicable government regulations (or equivalent combination of education/training and experience)
Hyperion experience preferred
Deltek Costpoint experience preferred
Indirect rate management experience preferred
Working understanding of CAS preferred
Leonardo DRS and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. LEL EOIS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC