Cabinetmaker - All Shifts
Flying Colours Corp. •
FLYING COLOURS CORP.
was established in 1989 is a global leader in all aspects of aircraft completions & maintenance. Flying Colours has grown into a leading aviation service provider with concentration in the following areas:
- Green Completions
- Refurbishment & Modification
- Executive Conversions
- Maintenance & Repair
- Exterior Paint
- Avionics Upgrade & Installation
- Engineering & Design
Flying Colours is a factory authorized Bombardier service center.
To safely, and efficiently build and finish various cabinets, galleys, lavatories, wardrobes, tables, and other interior furnishings in accordance with the customers' requests, engineered drawings, and completion / finish specifications.
Other tasks and assignments include:
- Cabinetmakers / Finishers are expected to work safely and efficiently at all times.
- Candidates should have general knowledge of aircraft cabinets and components, including repairing, modifying, refurbishing, and fabricating aircraft cabinets, as well as stripping and re-covering cabinets with new veneer or laminate.
- Incumbents fabricate and build various cabinets, galleys, lavatories, wardrobes, tables, closets and related interior components in accordance with customer requests, engineered drawings, and completion specifications. In addition to working with wood components and high-grade veneers, incumbents also work with composite and other light-weight components and materials.
- Candidates must be able to understand and work from blueprints as well as other written instructions and design specifications. Strong mathematical knowledge is required, as is the ability to make accurate measurements and finish materials to a high level of quality and precision.
- Incumbents must be able to work with engineers and calculate weight & balance data and must be familiar with a variety of hand tools, woodworking machinery and ideally, CNC automation.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Veneer cabinetry
- Cutting veneer panels to size on saw
- Laying out veneer to match grain
- Gluing material down w/ spray gun or brush
- Trimming off veneer using router in a table jig / hand router
- Fabricate cabinetry
- Assemble pre cut panels
- install panel pins and inserts using drill and dapco gun
- edge fill all open edges and sand flush (hand sand or orbital sander)
- cut wood trims and bond onto cabinet (make use of saw/ wood glue and clamps)
- install hinge block and hinges (router, screws)
- Build up cabinetry
- reassemble cabinetry after finish process is complete.
- Screwing items back together (screw-driver/ drill)
- installing lights, latches, other small items (use of hand tools)
- weighing cabinets and document Part number and serial numbers
- Gather screws and put into card board for paint
- Sand material for finish process
- Hand sand or sand with orbital power sander
- Wipe off or blow off dust with damp cloth or air-gun
- Edge fill any rough areas using putty knife and mixing board, then sand flush by hand
- Finish Process
- Apply lacquer, clear coats and finishes to finished product surfaces ensuring consistent application and coverage (applied by hand and/or spray equipment)
- Repair / prepare surface between coats for additional finishing
- Inspect for high quality, clear consistent finish result
- Performs work in a productive, diligent, careful and safe manner.
- Complete any special projects or other tasks as required or assigned. May be assigned to other areas of operations, based on business or customer requirements.
- Works in compliance with all Administrative, Health & Safety policies and procedures as per legislative requirements and as outlined in Company policies.
- 3+ years of Corporate Aviation experience required
- Applicants must have extensive, practical wood-working, surface preparation, finishing and cabinetry experience. In addition to a High School Diploma or equivalent (minimum), preference given to candidates with additional trade certification or education in woodworking, woodwork manufacturing or millwork.
- Excellent planning, organization and coordination skills.
- Excellent judgment, strong attention to detail.
Please note: The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as a conclusive description of all work required in the position.
Flying Colours Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Ident #: