Prepares, applies, and touches up or matches finish on aircraft cabinets, may finish newly built aircraft cabinets as well. Some work is complex and requires high attention to detail and craftsmanship. Some work may be performed in the Finish shop or as installed inside the aircraft. Finish is applied using standard spray equipment or other mechanical methods, some manual finish work is required.
- Perform duties that pertain to finishing cabinetry and components for interiors of aircraft.
- Responsible for creating finishing aircraft interior cabinetry using modern spray techniques.
- Finishes the final cabinet product, including maintaining the finishing equipment.
- Sprays, sands, stains, and tones to finalize top coats on cabinets and other cabinetry items.
- Prepare cabinetry items for finish, touch-up, or repair
- Mix and match colors to match existing colors...know the properties and correct usage of chemicals used in the process.
- Basic knowledge of sanding; masking; buffing; and spraying.
- Write-up and sign off steps performed on a daily basis.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
3 + years in Corporate Aviation experience is required.
- Use of advanced trade mathematics
- Minimal computer skills
- Possess considerable knowledge of standard methods, practices, tools, equipment, and materials of finishing, including the use of airless and conventional sprayers and techniques, spray guns, and portable spray equipment.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of finishing.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
Please note: The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as a conclusive description of all work required in the job.
Flying Colours Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer