Cabinet Finisher II - Savannah, GA
Strom Aviation •
- Two (2) years experience in wood finishing.
- Experience in aerospace industry preferred.
- Basic knowledge of cabinet finishing processes and products
- Under general supervision, prepares and applies finishes to aircraft furniture using aircraft specifications, designs and engineering drawings with a high level of safety, quality, detail and productivity.
- Assists team members with greater experience to enhance techniques supportive of quality workmanship.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:Essential Functions:
- Works under general supervision to prepare furniture for finish and disassembly using blueprints, aircraft specifications and design/engineering drawings.
- Performs high quality repairs to various finished surfaces in the shop and aboard aircraft.
- Cleans and polishes blemishes as needed to prepare the aircraft for delivery.
- Applies finish to furniture using spray equipment and other manual/mechanical methods.
- Uses various types of sandpapers, polishes, adhesives, masking mediums, solvents, finish materials, hand tools and various power tools to disassemble and finish furniture.
- Complies with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies.
- Uses personal protective equipment to protect aircraft interior (PTP).Uses the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma/GED. Two (2) years experience in wood finishing. Experience in aerospace industry preferred. Basic knowledge of cabinet finishing processes and products.
Job Ident #: