Interior Craftsperson - Fabricator (CTH)
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
With an average of over 300 sunny days per year, Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Tucson Service Center is surrounded by stunning mountain ranges and desert landscapes. Celebrating over 40 years of operations in Tucson, Arizona, the service center occupies almost 1 million sq ft of total hangar space and is the largest of Bombardier’s nine aircraft service centers. The facility services both Bombardier commercial and business aircraft. Since its inauguration in 1976, the facility has been located at Tucson International Airport, a strategic location and a key local partner. The 247,000 sq ft Business Aircraft facility is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, customized exterior paint, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Center has received certifications from CAAC, FAA, EASA, Argentina (Military), Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Qatar and South Africa.
Bombardier has an exciting opportunity available for an Interior Craftsperson - Fabricator based in Tucson, AZ.
In your role, you will:
• Fabricate, and refurbish aircraft interior equipment and furnishings per work order or customer request. This may include items such as fabricate and veneering of cabinets and bulkheads, Fabrication of Corian counter tops
• Perform and document all work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
• Travel for international assignments if required
• Perform additional work on drop-ins and planned maintenance within the facility during slow periods of unplanned work if required
• Must be able to interpret and work with mechanical engineering drawings
As our ideal candidate,
• You typically have 5 years interiors experience (i.e. previous wood finish experience (i.e., auto, RV, boat, etc)
• You have thorough knowledge of cabinet construction, modification and assembly and wood working skills
• You demonstrate the ability to break down cabinets remove hardware, inlay etc.
• You have the ability to apply veneers and laminates
• You have knowledge in fabrication of Coran Counter tops
• You demonstrate mechanical aptitude You demonstrate the ability to interpret and work with mechanical engineering drawings
• You have basic PC skills
• You demonstrate the ability to communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and / or aircraft status
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Job Ident #: