High school diploma/GED. Wood working,
wood finishing or auto body and painting experience in a technical
environment or completion of Technical Certificate in cabinet making
preferred and/or completion in current year youth apprenticeship
program, in area of expertise.
With direct supervision, learns and performs the basic skills and
functions related to aircraft cabinet finish preparation and application
processes using design and engineering drawings.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. With direct supervision learns entry-level technical
skills and knowledge, regulatory requirements and tooling used in the
Cabinet Finish shop. Continues to develop technical competency and
problem solving abilities to allow progression to the technician level.
2. Using standard safety and operating procedures, design/engineering
drawings, tools and other materials (sandpaper, polishes, adhesives,
solvents, masking mediums), develops proficiency in the preparation and
finish of furniture.
3. Use the material tracking system to create
parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
4. Complies with all
safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies, uses personal protective
equipment; ensures aircraft interior is protected (PTP). Assists in the
development and implementation of related initiatives.
1. Performs other duties as required.
1. The ability to read, write, speak, and understand the
2. Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small
restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift. 3. Must be