Position: Upholstery Tech II - Savannah, GA
Only qualified candidates with the below experience will be considered for this position.
Experienced in aircraft upholstery covering panels, seat foam build, installing seat covers and seat assembly.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High School Diploma/GED. Two (2) years experience using commercial sewing machines, sergers and/or various hand tools used in upholstery and carpet trades. Experience in aerospace industry preferred.
Under minimal supervision fabricate and install upholstery, cover panels, and make simple patterns for aircraft interiors using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications.
1. Fabricate, using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications, cover and install flat panels and curtains. May sew simple covers using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications.
2. Work with fabric, vinyl and leather hides, composites and other materials using specified adhesives, sewing equipment, hardware, hand tools and various power tools.
3. Cut and surge carpets, cover bulkheads and cover/install panels. May be responsible to fabricate various metal parts, fit panels and windows, cabin head liners, upper sidewalls, lower side panels, hatch panels, and windows.
4. Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
1. Work with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce, cost, cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Manufacturing and other process improvement techniques.
2. Use the material tracking system, Corridor, to create parts demands, track squawks and to sign-off work.
3. Comply with safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies and use personal protective equipment as required.
4. Address unsafe conditions before putting others as risk.
5. Performs other duties as required.
1. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand proficiently the English language.
2. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
3. Ability to use measuring tools and perform basic math computations.
4. Must be computer literate.
5. Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
Aviation Personnel currently offers:
- .50 cents per mile up to $200.00 Travel Pay on your first check, Plus a $100.00 longevity Monthly bonus!
- Great benefits like: Holiday Pay, Vacation Pay, $100.00 referrals fees and FREE Direct Deposit. Cash Advances Available!
- Did you know Aviation Personnel GUARANTEES Highest pay package at every location we have openings? Please, give us a call 817-244-2125
We look forward to helping you find your next assignment; also please forward our information to your friends who might be interested as well.