Associate Buyer - Starlink
Supply Chain Management
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Associate Buyer - Starlink Satellites - Redmond, WA
- Provide functional support within key procurement activities (developing request for quote packages, evaluating quotations, supplier identification / selection, place purchase orders)
- Work with internal engineering, manufacturing and supplier quality teams to ensure cross functional alignment within the commodity outsourcing strategy
- Champion continuous improvement initiatives for cost, quality and delivery
- Resolve purchase order discrepancies and invoice issues
- Proactively update SpaceX management and engineering teams on all critical supply issues
- Develop and maintain strong supplier relationships
- Visit suppliers facilities and accurately assess technical capability and capacity
- Analyze procurement data and report metrics
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, supply chain, or business
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Remarkable problem solving skills, with a bias for speed.
- Strong communication skills
- Thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated individual that is able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Be able to prove a strong track record of leadership and team building skills
- Ability to read technical drawings and blueprints
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Ability to conduct all activities with the highest degree of integrity
- Ability to work long hours as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC