LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
LEONARDO DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Execute/Generate CPSR-compliant purchase orders, based on approved requisitions, requests for proposals, bids and other similar and necessary documents related to the purchasing of supplies, equipment, services and materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute/Generate CPSR-compliant purchase orders, based on approved requisitions, requests for proposals, bids and other similar and necessary documents related to the purchasing of supplies, equipment, services and materials
- Perform a variety of general tactical duties as required to support purchasing activities
- Under direct supervision, may assist in negotiations and apply limited knowledge of commercial contract law and guidelines, practices and requirements to assess, plan and negotiate best terms and conditions and to minimize risk.
- Maintain professional relationships with suppliers. May resolve issues (e.g. pricing, quality, timing, claims, contract disputes, etc.) associated with terms and conditions of service agreements
- Understand demand/spend profile for commodity areas, and provide this information as necessary
- Track and report cost savings or avoidances
- Maintain current accurate records and files of all vendor agreements and related procurement records
- May assist in sourcing initiatives
- Communicate supplier performance
- Be the primary contact between DRS personnel and assigned suppliers
- Support, communicate and defend the mission, values and culture of the company
- Requires an associates degree or equivalent experience and 0+ years of experience in Purchasing
- Requires the ability to understand and adhere to all laws pertaining to procurement, contracts, breach by contract, etc.
- Basic negotiating skills
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. (up to once per week).
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
LEONARDO DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. EOIS