Inspector Quality Assurance
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Adhere to Bombardier General Work Rules
- Inspect incoming purchased parts, articles, materials, and documentation to requirements of technical data and purchase orders
- Inspect outgoing parts, articles, materials, and documentation to the requirements of export shipping order and FAA requirements.
- Inspect receipt of raw materials, detail parts, kits, components, subassemblies, and major assemblies for visual damage and ensure contents and documentation comply with purchase order, methods documents, and engineering specifications.
- Inspect export of raw materials, detail parts, kits, components, and subassemblies for visual damage and ensure contents comply with applicable parts of chapter 14 CFR, purchase order, and engineering specifications as a FAA designated inspector
- Track and maintain accurate shipping/receiving inventory and inspection results using multiple computerized databases and manual filing systems
- Perform stock checks on all suspect discrepant inventory items when requested
- Document discrepancies and coordinate resolution with assigned area of Production, Methods, Engineering, and/or Material Review Board (MRB) as appropriate
- Ensure all inspection documentation and production work instructions are complete and comply with quality system and engineering specifications
- Ensure that required certifications are current
- Understand Interpretation and practical application of FAA and TCCA regulatory requirement
As our ideal candidate,
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
- You typically have a minimum of 1 -2 years aerospace specific quality inspection or inspection planning experience (Civilian ,Military or Bombardier internal).
- You have knowledge of Authorized Release Certificates (FAA 8130 / TCCA Form One / EASA Form 1).
- You have knowledge of industry standard parts and specifications of National Aerospace Standards (NAS), Air Force-Navy Aeronautical Standards (AN), etc.
- You have an understanding of a working relationship with FAA, TCCA or EASA (FAA PMA, PC or Part 145, TCCA MA or CAR 571 & 573, EASA POA or Part 145).
- You have the ability to read and interpret engineering documents (drawings / specifications).
- You have excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with a variety of individuals and departments.
- You have working knowledge of export process.
- You have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- You have computer skills necessary to operate word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, project management, flowchart, email, and web-based applications (MS Office, Lotus Notes & SAP).
- You have strong interpersonal skills.
- You have the ability to identify and solve problems.
- You understand Interpretation and practical application of FAA and TCCA regulatory requirement.
- You have successfully completed module based training program for Inspector QA within 12 months of entry into the position.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)