Lead Stockroom / Material Handler
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Fort Lauderdale Service Center was established February 1995 and is located in “The Venice of America”; the gateway to South and Central America. Located at Fort-Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, the Fort Lauderdale facility is winner of several FAA Diamond Awards. The 133,552 sq ft facility is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Center has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Argentina, Aruba, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Mauritius, Mexico and Venezuela.
In your role, you will:
Receive and inspect incoming and outgoing materials; order and distribute materials. Maintain inventory of purchased and manufactured parts, materials, tools and ground support equipment.
• Comply with environmental health / safety policies / procedures. Participate in 5-S activities. Perform all work in a safe and timely manner
• Receive / visually inspect all incoming and outgoing materials for physical damage (BAS Only)
• Distribute parts, materials, tools and ground support equipment with regard to aircraft delivery schedules. May assist in ordering parts if required (BAS only)
• Timely processing of core returns to ensure inventory throughput and accurate invoicing
• Verify and reconcile appropriate documentation on incoming and outgoing parts and materials
• Maintain accurate inventory (via cycle counts, perpetual, work-in-progress) using computerized / manual systems to include purchased parts, manufactured parts, materials, tools, etc.
• Assist in loading / unloading shipments
• Transport and stock materials from one location to another as required throughout the facility
• Provide verbal or written turnovers for oncoming shifts
• Issue hand tools, machine tools, dies and / or rental equipment to authorized personnel
• Coordinate workload, overtime and job assignments for team members in assigned functional area
• Monitor day-to-day activities for assigned area and report issues and risks to immediate supervisor
• Provide verbal and written turnover reports indicating status of work progress
• Assist in establishing a training plan for assigned area
• Provide input to supervisor in regards to disciplinary actions
• Provide documentation and feedback for team members’ PMP
• Ensure team members achieve department KPIs
As our ideal candidate,
• You have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in one of the following:
? Shipping/ Receiving
? Tool Crib
? Parts Inventory
• You have experience necessary to train employees in the performance of duties within area of specialization
• You have demonstrated planning / organizational skills necessary to prioritize, assign and coordinate workload of team members within a multiple project setting
• You have interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with assigned employees, other business areas, contractors and customers
• You are able to work independently with minimal supervision
• You have thorough knowledge of Purchasing, Service Orders / Methods
• You have thorough knowledge of AOG procedures
• You have thorough knowledge of SAP (BAS) or Syteline (Commercial)
• You exhibit leadership skills
• You are Inspection Delegate qualified
• You have a minimum of two (2) years leadership / supervisory experience - preferred
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC