Material Handler (2nd Shift)
Supply Chain Management
was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MATERIAL HANDLER (2nd Shift) RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support production/engineering with the movement of parts to support master schedule
- Physically move and expedite materials when required in support of production/engineering and meet work order completion dates
- Verify all materials are packaged and banded for transport, and assists with loading and unloading of trucks
- Interface with receiving, quality control, purchasing and other related departments to resolve problems relative to receipt and distribution of material
- Operate material handling equipment including but not limited to: forklifts, pallet jacks, and hand carts
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years of expediting/material handling experience within a manufacturing/production environment
- Experience operating a forklift and/or material handling motorized vehicles and equipment
- Experience with barcode scanning to document material movement
- ERP experience
- Experience working with aircraft or automotive parts and assemblies
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing stooping, stretching and carrying are required to perform the functions of this position
- Ability all required shift days and hours, and overtime, as necessary
- Ability to work in an open aired environment, lacking temperature control
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-600.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC