Material Support Manager
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Fort Lauderdale Service Center was established February 1995 and is located in “The Venice of America”; the gateway to South and Central America. Located at Fort-Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, the Fort Lauderdale facility is winner of several FAA Diamond Awards. The 133,552 sq ft facility is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Center has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Argentina, Aruba, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Mauritius, Mexico and Venezuela.
In your role, you will:
Manage the operations and staff of the Material Support Department to efficiently and cost effectively purchase, warehouse, and distribute inventory support.
• Perform managerial responsibilities and recommend related actions, for example, hire/fir, disciplinary actions, PMP, training and certifications, work assignments, scheduling vacation, monitoring attendance, review approve, and verify employees hours worked and paid
• Manage inventory levels and material planning functions to achieve established customer service goals, maintenance program requirements, and fill rate objectives
• Manage warehouse operations, for example, material handling/stocking, tool control, shipping and receiving and inventory cycle count procedures to comply with all federal and state regulations (e.g., HAZMAT compliance and FAA regulations)
• Manage warehouse operations to provide 24/7support to call center requirements
• Manage procurement and material planning to ensure adherence with company policy and procedures
• Communicate company and department manager’s goals and objectives to employees as well as employee suggestions and concerns to management
• Prepare, monitor, and control department capital and operating budgets
• Prepare and implement (upon approval) capital requests required for budgets
• Initiate material policy revisions and updates and purchasing revisions unique to material support operations
• Prepare and present reports on material support operations for assigned area(s) to management on a scheduled basis
• May function as Material Business Process Advisor for service center network and parts logistics organization
• Responsible for staff development and training
• Lead and direct a group of two or more employees for given projects or tasks
• Direct efforts and provide technical guidance on complex issues
As our ideal candidate,
• You have at least 7 years’ experience in inventory administration and management, and 3 years progressive supervisory experience
• You have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, or a related field
• You have planning and organizational skills necessary to prioritize, assign, and coordinate workload of assigned area and employees within a multiple project setting
• You have interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, employees, management and contractors
• You have computer skills necessary to learn and/or operate word processing, spreadsheet, database, email, and web-based applications
• You have working knowledge of FAA and Federal Aviation Regulations
• You have working knowledge of general accounting principles and of a P&L (Profit and Loss);
• You have working knowledge of process improvement methodology and application (e.g., Six Sigma);
• You have working knowledge of accounting and budgeting principals necessary to read and interpret profit/loss statements, financial reports, and meet financial objectives for assigned area and programs;
• You have working knowledge of Federal regulations governing material support functions, for example, FAA, DOT, and OSHA;
• You have working knowledge of material support functions including procurement, planning, warehouse, stock, tool crib, shipping, and receiving;
• You have research and analytical skills necessary to collect, analyze, and interpret survey data, customer behaviors, and general trends within the fractional aircraft market.
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC