Materials Specialist II
Air Transport International, Inc. •
This position’s responsibilities shall include but not be limited to the oversight of contracted materials handling support to include the performing warehouse functions, receiving, stocking, order picking, shipping of aircraft parts, company materials and supplies in accordance with the ATI General Maintenance Manual, and other Airline and governmental regulatory requirements.
This position performs, coordinates, oversees, and facilitates the following tasks and corrects and reports deficiencies discovered:
- Ensure that all materials are properly tagged, packaged, and stored in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures contained in GMM Chapter 6.
- Ensure that all company databases are being maintained with accurate and timely data entry.
- Ensure that all Stores facilities holding ATI materials are maintained in a safe, clean, well-lighted, and secure manner in accordance with company policies and FAA guidlines.
- Ensure that all components routed for repair are shipped to approved vendors listed on the ATI approved Contract Agency Vendor List using contracted materials handlers.
- Ensure that all serviceable materials are kept segregated from all unserviceable materials wherever ATI materials are stored.
- Ensure proper packaging of all materials for stock prior to materials being placed in stock.
- Ensure material support for Maintenance Department.
- Oversee the receipt of all packages, checking for evidence of mishandling or shipping damage, and ensure the steps necessary to recover costs of damages are initiated with the vendor.
- Ensure loading and unloading of trucks and/or aircraft for the movement of company materials is provided by contracted material handlers.
- Ensure warehouse and FAK inventories are correct and complete on a periodic basis.
- Possibility of limited travel.
- Materials purchasing support for aspects of ATI’s material requirements to include AOG buyer functions.
- Materials analysis for stocking and staging of materials at all ATI facilities worldwide as part of the functions of material department.
- Coordinate with vendors, shipping companies and maintenance to ensure timely arrival of material requirements at ATI locations worldwide.
- Coordinate routine trucking requirements as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned by ATI management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to work in all climates and weather conditions.
- Must possess a current / valid State Drivers License.
- Must possess or be eligible to obtain a valid US passport.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers and co-workers; stand, bend, and reach in order to maintain files; sit for extended periods of time; and comply with ATI attendance requirements.
- Must have computer skills in word, excel and the ability to learn new programs as they change within the company.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays if the need arises.
- Proven ability to accept and accomplish addition responsibilities..
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Availability to work all shifts and weekends as needed and assigned.
- Supporting goals activities and programs that enhance company objectives.
- Conducting activities in accordance with company practices.
- Works independently and is responsible for complex assignments.
- Operate all material handling equipment.
- Operate company vehicles.
- Train personnel to properly package and ship equipment, parts and supplies.
- Train personnel and insure proper packaging and shipping of HAZMAT parts and supplies
- Insure all ATI Policies and Procedures are followed.
- Previous forklift / lift-truck experience preferred.
- Warehouse experience preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Should have extensive background in the handling of aviation materials to include warehouse and inventory control functions.
- Prime data base experience is preferred
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC