SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Running GDS (glow discharge spectroscopy) and ONH (oxygen nitrogen hydrogen analyzer) to test chemistry of stainless steel and inconel castings
- Performing basic machining, cutting, and grinding/polishing tasks to support characterization lab and engineering
- Maintain and use precision calibrated tools – microscopes, micrometers, calipers, balances,
- General lab upkeep including cleaning, organization, inventory management, etc.
- General and day-to day preparation, programming, operation, maintenance, and care for air and vacuum furnaces
- Air and/or vacuum heat treatment and/or quenching of samples
- Build, modify, and repair general equipment as needed
- Expediting samples across the SpaceX campus between engineers, testing labs, etc.
- 3 years in a materials engineering focused aerospace role
- Experience working in Lab
- Able to work off-shifts and available for overtime and weekends if needed (this is a non-regular occurrence).
- Able to wear a respirator and other appropriate PPE
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC