Ameristar Air Cargo •
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Pick up/deliver aviation parts, equipment, tools, and personnel.
- Plan route to insure most economical and efficient use of time and equipment.
- Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned company vehicles, equipment and refer defects or repairs to supervisor; keep equipment clean.
- Receive and send parts.
- Must be able to fulfill On-Call duties, evenings and/or weekends.
- Maintain accurate records of all the inventory and stock in the warehouse
- Coordinating the receiving and dispatch of goods with transporters and suppliers.
- Ensuring the proper handling and storage of goods and supplies.
- Following all safety regulations and legal documentation norms pertaining to warehousing.
- Counting, labeling, and allocation of parts.
- Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
Skills and Qualifications
Physical environment/working conditions
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a driving capacity.
- Ability to manage time to meet targets and deadlines.
- Needs to have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid Driver license to operate rented/leased or company owned vehicles.
- Forklift Certification is preferred.
- Thorough general knowledge and understanding of traffic laws and defensive driving.
- Ability to safely operate various vehicles.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions.
- High school diploma or a GED equivalent.
- Prolonged sitting at personal computer
- Frequent standing, bending, twisting, stooping and reaching associated with filing and pulling and storing parts, loading/unloading parts into/out of van/truck.
- Frequent lifting of objects weighing 50 or more pounds.
- Personal computer, ten-key machine, miscellaneous office equipment, forklift, ladder, wrapping machine.
Job Ident #: