Specialist I/II Toolmaker/Machinist
DRS Technologies •
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo SpA which employs more than 45,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Sustainment Systems Inc.
DRS Sustainment Systems, Inc. (DRS-SSI) is a Leonardo DRS Line of Business (LOB) headquartered in St. Louis, MO. It is a full service supplier of diversified defense systems, products and support for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and other international defense customers. From conceptual design through manufacturing to integrated logistics support, DRS-SSI has a more than 50-year tradition of providing quality systems and products while meeting customer’s demands for innovation, efficiency and quality. The business unit also includes a 100-acre heavy equipment manufacturing facility in West Plains, MO. The performance of DRS-SSI’s St. Louis operation has been recognized by the Government and industrial customers with numerous awards including: Preferred Supplier Certification, Medallion of Service Award, Intelligence and Electronic Warfare Certification of Recognition, and Blue Ribbon Awards. We operate on a 9/80 work schedule.
Job Location – St. Louis, MO
DRS Sustainment Systems is seeking a Full Time Specialist I/II Toolmaker/Machinist. The ideal candidate will be responsible and accountable for producing quality work to prescribed standards, with a focus on continuous improvement to meet customer commitments on schedule and within budget.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible and accountable for producing quality work to prescribed standards, with a focus on continuous improvement to meet customer commitments on schedule and within budget
- Follows written work instructions must maintain a safe work environment by adhering to all safety procedures including those which govern the handling of materials, chemicals, tools, and equipment (WHMIS)
- Proper use of required PPE
- May participate in LEAN Events, “Six S” activities, action teams etc
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to make and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges, and machinists’ hand tools, applying knowledge of tool and die designs and construction; shop mathematics; metal properties; and layout, machining, and assembly procedures
- Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product
- Computes dimensions and plans layout and assembly operations
- Measures parts to close tolerance using precision measuring devices
- Sets up and operates machine tools (eg, lathe, milling machine, shaper, and grinder) to machine parts
- Verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications
- May examine standard or previously used tools or dies and modify as appropriate
- May develop specifications from general descriptions and make drawing or sketch
- Applies basic and develops advanced skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment, as appropriate to area of specialization
- Determines sequence of operations and set up procedures for repeatable set-up
- High School Diploma or GED
- Demonstrated ability to make independent judgment
- Team player, ability to work independently while meeting deadlines, handles a high volume of work
Leonardo DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #LSY
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC