Stores Manager ORF
PSA Airlines •
Summary/Objective: The Stores Manager is responsible for leading the stores team at his/her base to maintain proper inventory levels along with the proper receiving, inspecting, shipping, and/or storage of materials used in support of PSA fleet operations. This is done in accordance with the established corporate policies and procedures and FAA requirements. The manager ensures that Safety is the top priority of the team in all aspects of the day to day operations. The manager provides leadership that develops individual team members to excel in their duties. This is done via mentoring and to coaching in a manner that fosters trust and open communication throughout the department.
: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Stores Manager leads the team to complete the following activities in a timely manner per established company guidelines:
- Receiving, Inspection, and binning of the daily deliveries of materials and shipment of repairs and stock transfers are done within established standards and times.
- Ensures that all materials requested by the maintenance technicians is provided promptly to support line, overnight, and heavy check operations.
- Ensures that the team has been trained in all aspects of Stockroom operations that are applicable to their respective job classifications.This includes, but is not limited to computerized management and issuance of materials, hazmat training, shelf life training, cycle counting, as well as storage, packaging, receiving, of materials and disposal of hazardous, scrap or BER materials per established company guidelines.
- Maintains training records and monitors recurrent training requirements, to ensure that the team is current on all training related to the department.
- Conducts performance reviews for the Stores Team using established PSA company guidelines.
- Ensures that scheduling of the stores team is adequate to support PSA fleet activity at all times.
- Ensures that parts/materials are properly stored, segregated, and labelled, and that they comply with current Shelf Life Programs and hazardous materials storage guidelines.
- Ensures that all activities relative to AOG and after hour AOG support are carried out in the most safe, expeditious, and economical way possible, and oversees the efforts to coordinate parts issuance/transfer for scheduled overnight maintenance or AOG Heavy Check maintenance situations where applicable at each base.
- Ensures that parts are transferred to other store locations in a timely and effective manner to support the PSA fleet.
- Ensures that parts and equipment that are requisitioned by supervisors, are ordered in a timely manner in after hour and AOG situations.
- Ensures that material inspection of incoming parts is in accordance with procedures as determined by the Chief Inspector and that rejected materials are tagged and stored per the established guidelines.
- Establishes and manages the inventory control program to ensure accurate identification and retrieval of parts/materials in support of the PSA fleet requirements.
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a supervisory position.
Work Environment: This job operates approximately 90% of the time inside a climate controlled building and approximately 10% of the time outside in all types of weather. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop; occasionally push/pull and lift weight up to 75 lbs.; use hands to grasp, finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. On rare occasions may be required to crawl, use fine manipulations, kneeling, and repetitive motion.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position with an expectation of occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand.
Travel: Some travel will be expected with this position.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education and Experience
: High school diploma or equivalent required BS/BA preferred. Valid driver’s license. At least Five years of experience with aircraft parts and supervision. Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office programs.Additional Eligibility Qualifications
: Must be able to obtain airport SIDA badging, and able to read blueprint and electrical schematics required.
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: approachability; time and performance management; strong organizational skills; problem solving; communication skills (verbal and written); ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; ability to interact with all levels of company personnel, vendors and outside regulatory agencies; professional aptitude; ability to manage multiple projects at one time with time sensitive deadlines and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
:PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Ident #: