At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Summary of Accountabilities is as follows, but not limited to:
Supplier Quality Specialist is to assists with audits and assessments of suppliers systems, processes and products. Documents audit and assessment results. Inspects or verifies less complex products for compliance. Monitors supplier quality related activities and reports issues.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Under general supervision, plans, organizes and conducts audits and assessments of suppliers systems, processes and products.
- Documents and reports audit and assessment results to leadership, customers and stakeholders.
- Performs follow-up on audit and assessment findings.
- Inspects or verifies products for compliance with requirements and documents findings.
- Ensures supplier notifications of quality escapes are processed.
- Assists with assessments of supplier capability and capacity to perform current or potential future work.
- Provides supplier education and coaching on quality systems, regulatory compliance issues and company initiatives.
- Provides technical expertise on specific manufacturing processes to suppliers.
- Investigates and resolves routine issues to ensure supplier compliance to established requirements.
- Monitors quality, delivery, work in process, systemic issues and program impacts to determine needed corrective actions and improvements to supplier performance.
- Interprets routine requirements and resolves supplier issues and concerns.
- Leads preventive activities as well as corrective action activities with suppliers to address the root cause of quality escapes.
- Assists the implementation of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) with suppliers to sift quality approach from detection to prevention.
Makes use of and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, and concepts.
Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Refers to policies, procedures, and practices for guidance.
Works under general supervision. Products are reviewed for sound judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results may result in the allocation of additional resources.
Interacts primarily with internal personnel and external customers. Represents the organization on specific projects.
Knowledge of the quality system (e.g., Boeing Quality Management System (BQMS), International Organization for Standardization (ISO9001), Aerospace Standard (AS9100).
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Engineering Degrees Required
- 3 or more years related work experience
Offered as a renewable fixed-term one-year contract. Contract may convert to open-ended depending on performance and business needs.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Japan where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
In-country relocation support is available if the candidate is eligible.