Tool Maker C
Boeing Company •
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
- Tool Makers construct, repair and maintain tooling fabricated from all types of material to include; jigs, fixtures, templates, plastic tools and others that are used in the manufacture, assembly and handling of airplane parts and components. It is a large, diverse job with many different skill requirements. Job responsibilities include:
- Plan, sequence, and layout own work operations in the fabrication, assembly, repair, rework, routine and maintenance of all tool types and materials, including prototype and/or automated tool control systems. Provide Tooling support to manufacturing as required, including: Production Assist, Tooling Assist and Ship Side support. Use and interpret tool and engineering drawings, blueprints, sketches, production parts, computing systems, verbal and/or written instructions to accomplish assignment.
- Use all types of power and non power equipment, both hand held and floor mounted to accomplish work assignments or operations. Processes include: cutting, grinding, spotting, hand finish, shaping, bending, deburring, drilling, model layout, reaming, tapping, wiring, lay up, plumbing, pneumatics, and weld preparation using documented processes and procedures. Use any and all required precision measuring instruments and methods necessary to complete and check own work assignment.
- Utilize and/or interpret 3D measurement and analysis systems and software; such as Laser Trackers, Photogrammetry, Laser Radar, etc. and conventional optics. Identify and select appropriate equipment, tools and materials used in the fabrication, maintenance and rework of tools. Ensure tools and parts meet engineering requirements, specifications and tolerances for dimension, shape, contour, location and coordination. Report discrepancies in design or fabrication and initiate corrections as required.
- Coordinate, communicate and work with customers, suppliers and associates regarding job tasks including: shift-to-shift written/verbal tie-ins, documenting and maintaining adequate records. Use eye, hearing, foot, hand, respirator and other personal protective equipment as required. Requires lifting, pushing, pulling up to 35 lbs. Frequent walking, reaching, handling, grasping and turning/twisting. Climbing stairs and working from ladders/lifts as required.
- Occasional use of low impacts tools, stooping, kneeling, crouching and squatting. Exposure to noise and moving parts. Exposure to aluminum, titanium, magnesium, steel, exotic alloys, plastics, tungsten carbide, cobalt, sawdust, composites, milled fiber, fiberglass and other airborne contaminants. Exposure to solvents, resins, lubricants, cutting coolants and fluids.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC